Windows 7 Windows 7 no internet connection

Hayes96

Dear All,

I am experiencing this windows 7 problem regarding internet connection. Every win7 pc is connected to the network but cannot access the web. This happens every morning, after sometime the icon with yellow exclamation point will disappear. But everyday I get complaints regarding that. The settings of my router's DNS is pointed to the Domain controller, w/c in my case is 192.168.23.4. Then the TCP/IP DNS setting on our DC is pointed to ISP's IP w/c is my case is 213.42.20.20(etisalat). Is this the correct configuration for this one, because only the windows 7 pc's are having trouble with regards to internet connection. Thanks in advance

The settings of my router's DNS is pointed to the Domain controller, w/c in my case is 192.168.23.4. Then the TCP/IP DNS setting on our DC is pointed to ISP's IP w/c is my case is 213.42.20.20(etisalat).
Are these set as static addresses? The principal of setting the pc's dns address to that of the server and the server's dns address to that of the ISP is correct but they normally would be best set to use DHCP rather than manually set.

Are these set as static addresses? The principal of setting the pc's dns address to that of the server and the server's dns address to that of the ISP is correct but they normally would be best set to use DHCP rather than manually set.

Yes they are static ip's. So I am guessing that it has nothing to do with the configuration?
Or is it better if I just put the dns server at the router settings?

Setting static IP addresses for connected devices should not be a problem provided that they are compatible with the IP address of the router to which they are connected. Also ach device will typically use the address of the router as its dns server address so setting those statically to the router internal address should not be a problem. Even so, unless there is good reason for not doing so I would still set devices to use DHCP for address and dns address assignment. I also would prefer to set the router to obtain DNS address by DHCP

Back