Windows 7 Windows 7 not recognizing hard drives

Thanks, will give it a shot and let you know;)

Just a friendly reminder:

Get a good head light to view this tiny Jumper burried deep inside the tangled web of criss-crossing SATA cables and Power cables in that very congested neighborhood with the motherboard already anchored to the pan and all the devices like your Multiple HDDS jutting into the tiny space and the front panel cables ready to get off their pins with any forceful separation of the obstructing cables to get to the target.

Attached is a bird's eye view of your System board with the target marked. Good luck. It is a tough job after the build to go back into the Computer's belly to do any type of exploration. Before getting off the casse and closing the cover, please make sure you haven't knocked any of the RAMs from their sockets or pulled the Front Panel wires off especially the PWR switch cable, one of the most common causes of "Failure to Boot "or "Failure to Power ON" on a newly built system!

Lol, you make it sound like a trailer for an adventure movie.
Since it's going to be nice and sunny and warm tomorrow, I'm going to take it out in the sunshine to see it better. And with these sausage fingers, I tend to be very careful in there. A good pair of plastic tweezers works wonders.
Appreciate all your efforts, thank you.

Well, I managed to reset the BIOS. At first Pwoer Up , scared me, had to run setup as was reporting bad CMOS, after setting BIIOS to Default, all ok.
Except, still not recognizing the hdds connected via the raid(Marvell) controller. Device Manager still showing bad Serial ATA Controller.

Last edited:
No luck in finding a driver fr the Serial ATA Controller. Now I tried upgrading to the RC1 build and it won't finish because, low and behold, the Serial ATA Controller won't work,lol.

You have a great sense of humour added to your rep because of that . Sorry I could not help with your issue .

Well, it's better to laugh then cry, otherwise you get your keyboard wet and don't accomplish anything.
Thanks.

All true :) Well sure you will get help on this forum sure is a good place for that . Wishing you all the best me off to roam a bit :)

Just found this post today while searching for a similar problem...I upgraded my mobo, cpu, memory and boot drive then installed windows 7 64 bit. Could not see 2 of the sata drives I had connected the system before the upgrade. I checked disk management and found that the two drives were recognized by Windows but had not been given drive letters/paths. I gave the two drives different drive letters and both came right back up. Pretty sure you fixed your problem by now since its been 2 years but figured Id post this for anybody with a similar problem in the future.

Back