Windows 7 Windows 7 ntoskrnl.exe BSOD

Rockmih

Hello, so let me explain first, almost 3 months ago the power supply of my pc literally blow up,unlucky my Hard Drive died. I burned an Ubuntu live CD and keep using the system, one month before that i was able to buy a new one and install windows 7 in it, unlucky (again -_-) i got a BSOD one day after i installed the HDD i didn't put attention to the error, i was updating drivers and some other typical brand new OS stuff, win updates, etc, etc...

Sadly last 2 weeks my system started crashing alot (1-2 times a day), and im afraid it could be caused by the HDD, i really appreciate any help.

I attached the last minidump files, have checked them using bluescreenview and the only consistent information i could gather is that the "ntoskrnl.exe" file is present in each one of the crashes.

So once again, i really appreciate any help you can bring me, thanks.

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    172.3 KB · Views: 251
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff88000e33c13, 0, ffffffffffffffff}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for sptd.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for sptd.sys
Probably caused by : sptd.sys ( sptd+4398a )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
this particular dump file is one of two that were part of the group you posted. You also had dump files blaming the gpu driver as well as the kernel. The above Bugcheck can be caused by either: Data corruption, hardware incompatibility (including RAM) and/or faulty device driver.
Sptd.sys belongs to a well known culprit for giving machines bsod's: Daemon Tools.
sptd.sys Sun Mar 22 12:35:35 2009: SCSI Pass Through Direct Host - Daemon Tools (known BSOD issues with Win7). You can find the removal tool here:
http://www.duplexsecure.com/en/downloads

Also do you have anything plugged in via the USB ports apart from keyboard and mouse?

If your worried about a certain HDD try running chkdsk on the drive in question:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/guide-to-using-check-disk-in-windows-vista/

Post any new dump files..

Last edited:
Thanks for the answer.

I'll try to do a clean instal of my Video drivers (They are up to date according to Nvidia Getforce Experience) i cant remember if i installed the onboard graphic drivers first (ATI chipset)

About the USB port, i have plugged an Alpha awus036h Wlan adapter.

Already removed Sptd, and i will run chkdsk later tonight. so ill post later any dump file if any BSOD happens.

Thank you.

Surely you don't need the onboard gpu drivers if your using a Nvidia card? Have you disabled the onboard via the bios?

I dont think i need them after installing the PCI-express video card but i heard that some times bad driver installations can lead to BSOD and since i can't remember if i installed/uninstalled properly i think maybe it can help, i also will check the bios and disable the onboard graphics.

Didnt have any bluescreen since i removed sptd, so maybe that helped im not sure. Thanks again and ill post any new dump fail if my system fails.

Ok understood... Post back if you should need to and good luck. :)

Back