Windows 7 Windows 7: Outlook - How can I rest profile?

mikell91

The initial Outlook login screen displays one of my email addresses as a default. However, I don't want any to be displayed - just the usual '[email protected]' so that I can enter any of my email addresses.

The Microsoft suggestion is to get to the 'mail' settings within the Control Panel, but this is not present in my version of Windows 7.

I can't see where this is defined.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mike

The initial Outlook login screen displays one of my email addresses as a default. However, I don't want any to be displayed - just the usual '[email protected]' so that I can enter any of my email addresses.

The Microsoft suggestion is to get to the 'mail' settings within the Control Panel, but this is not present in my version of Windows 7.

I can't see where this is defined.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mike

Control Panel --> User Accounts --> Mail (32 bit) --> E-Mail Accounts

This gets you to the same screen you access within Outlook through Tools --> Account Settings.

However, I'm not aware that it is possible to not specify a default account. Typically, the first account you set up becomes the default account and your only option is to select another account as the default. For your "convenience", Outlook does allow you to select a different email account to send a specific message (Account pull-down button below Send in the message editor).

Back
Top Bottom