Windows 7 Windows 7 Printer Sharing Pronlem... Need urgent help..!

Prashant Shete

Hi Everybody..!
I am having HP Laserjet 1020 installed on Windows 7 (32-Bit) OS.
I am having problem sharing this printer... with other systems having Windows Xp, RHEL 4 & 5 and Debian Lenny.

Please ... needed urgent help....
you can e-mail at [email protected]

When I restart machine printer starts printing network file... but after 5 minutes OS gets stuck... no devices shown in Pinters and Devices Option...!

From what I just read, it looks like this printer is not compatable with windows 7.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

I did find a windows 7 driver package. There are 2 different packages, one for the one I is listed from your post and one for the HP 1020 plus.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some notes on printer sharing in Windows 7 using the the Homegroup feature:

Create a Homegroup

To create a Homegroup in Windows 7, you need to get in ‘Control Panel‘ from ‘Start menu‘. You need to then select the ‘Choose Homegroup and sharing options‘ and select the ‘Create a Homegroup‘ button. You can then see the ‘Create a Homegroup‘ screen in which you need to select the item to be shared. You will be provided with a password after you have created the Homegroup. After that, you need to note down the password and click the ‘Finish‘ button. It will bring up the ‘Change homegroup settings‘ screen and you need to ensure that the printer has been selected. The Homegroup is thus set-up.

Connect other computers to Your Homegroup

You need to now connect other systems to the Homegroup. To do this, you need to access ‘Control Panel‘ from the ‘Start menu‘ and select the ‘Choose Homegroup and sharing options.’ It will display a message that the Windows has detected another homegroup on your network. At the time, you need to click the ‘Join Now‘ button. It will then ask for a password and you need to enter the password you got after you have created the Homegroup. Just click the ‘Finish‘ button and get the system connected.

Connect to Your Shared Printer

You can now start sharing the printer from your Windows 7 system using the Homegroup. To do this, you need click the ‘Start‘ button on your desktop task bar and click the ‘Devices and Printers‘ icon. You need to then select the shared printer. It will Link Removed due to 404 Error if it is required to be installed. The printer is not shared.

Back