Windows 7 windows 7 printing to a mac based usb printer

forschreiber

I have an Asus 1005ha netbook running Windows 7 starter that connects fine to my airport express network. The netbook finds my Canon iP5000 printer (which is connected via USB to my imac). I am quite sure that all of the settings on the mac are good as I can print from a Macbook . I have updated the driver which shows up, but I can not print.

Found another suggested fix that has me printing through the LPR port monitor. The directions say "...open Print and Document Services item and then enable the LPR Port Monitor item..." but I fo not show a LPR port in my print and document services folder.

I have also tried setting it up through Bonjour for Windows. The program loads and the wizard detects both the imac computer and printer. However, when I click Finish the error message reads "You do not have sufficient access to connect to this printer". Any ideas on what I need for access??

Any help with the this problem, or any other solutions would be appreciated. I am a lifle long Mac guy that is questioning my foray into the Windows world...please help.

Back