Windows 7 Windows 7 Pro reinstalled

suewatters1

I have Windows 7 pro on my desktop PC and I didn't get the message to upgrade to Windows 10. My desktop is running slow and I need to do a fresh install but I don't have the disk . The disk was an upgrade for my system a few years back.
I found the location on Microsoft website on how download the Windows Pro as long I have the activation key. I do have the installation activation key but it doesn't recognizes it as an English edition but when I try where it is shows French it recognizes it. But my system is not in French but English.
Also if I am allowed to get Windows 10 will the Activation key I have for Windows 7 Pro let me have Windows 10 in English?

Thanks

Hi sue,
apologies your post was missed in all the madness. Do you still have an issue? You could try upgrading to Windows 10 using the media creation tool from Microsoft:
Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool - Windows Help

I'm not so sure about if you'll get an English copy but reading through it seems that if you use an English version of the media creation tool you'll get an English version of Windows. You must use the media creation tool to upgrade first of all though. You can always do a clean install later once your windows 7 key gets replaced by the windows 10 one. Once upgraded to windows 10 you can use this application to find out what your new key is:
KeyFinder | Magical Jelly Bean

Was wondering if when I get confirmation that I can have windows 10 in my system (never got the Windows icon telling me I can upgrade to Windows 10 yet) will it recognized that I have a legitimate key on my desktop computer? I will check the link you gave me tomorrow when I have a chance. Thanks for your quick reply.

To be honest sue I would just speed the process up and try the link above. If you haven't had the icon appear already the it would be quicker if you use the link.

Any problems simply post back.. Good luck with the upgrade.. :)

Hi I did install it no problem except a problem with my video card. It is using Windows basic not NvidIa GeForce Fx 5200. I tried reinstalling it and would get an error message something like this
K mode exemption or system thread exemption dxgmms1.sys
I tried another GeForce driver and I couldn't get in without doing a system restore. So I am now using a Windows Basic Driver
I have another tower a friend gave me last year that might just be a bit better then the one I am using now maybe the video card is better
Thanks for everything. You made it so much easier for me to go through these steps. :)

Back
Top Bottom