Windows 7 Windows 7 RC help and support corrupted

bst0602

I installed windows 7 RC on my samsung NC10. It ran quite fine for a few days.
Suddenly today when I opened the "help and support", i saw this meaningless screen, other topics are also corrupted. please see the screen-shot and please help .

Well apart from it being 'reusable' backwards, I'm unsure.
I'd run a virus scan just to make sure everything is ok...

I am using standard en-US .
And I m sure that the system is clean. I installed the same version in my PC and that runs fine. Sometime s I solve this wierd problem by overwriting the help files from the working win 7 (from my pc) , but after a few days, it reverts back

Was this an upgrade or clean install (the pc with the odd word)?

Definitely weird, I never come across that before

If you have a Vista Computer, try copying the Winhlp32.exe and winhelp32.exe.mui to the proper directories.

make a copy of both files first.

I'm just wondering if it's something that has been left in there by a wayward engineer?

Elbasuer, I presume.

:confused::frown:I have the no help offline help problem associated with the word "elbasuer" at least once on the help screen. There are posts I googles that indicate this is a problem with errant bluetooth registry entries. I played with this and it worked for one night and the problem came back again. I made a clean install over a formatted drive to help solve this. I dont see much in the way of specific help on this website. I will google some more and check back.

Back