Windows 7 Windows 7 router compatibility???

diamondsupply

Hi~
I am having problem with my D-link router and new notebook which installed windows7.
I am using the windows7 64bit. When i connect my notebook to my router in both wire and wireless way, my router will automatically restart itself!!!

my router is a D-link router model DI-624.....
I have checked on the Windows7 Compatibility Center.....yea...unfortunately.... it said my router is not compatible with........
and here is the link:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/co...=4&c=Networking&sc=Wireless Routers&os=32-bit

but i just wonder how can my client PC OS will affect my router working?
I have asked in many other computing forum, those guys told so, OS won't affect router, and won't uncompatible..........

Please help me!!!:frown:
I have no idea at all........... how can i fix this problem??

Thank you very much!!!

Hi I'm having the same problem, I just get my new laptop with windows 7 home basic, and when I try to connect, my router restarts itself, I've got a trend net tew-452bpr, the same happens when I try to play AOE online, I read, I had to unblock some ports, I did not do it, but I think this problem has a similar solution.

Hi~
I am having problem with my D-link router and new notebook which installed windows7.
I am using the windows7 64bit. When i connect my notebook to my router in both wire and wireless way, my router will automatically restart itself!!!

my router is a D-link router model DI-624.....
I have checked on the Windows7 Compatibility Center.....yea...unfortunately.... it said my router is not compatible with........
and here is the link:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/co...=4&c=Networking&sc=Wireless Routers&os=32-bit

but i just wonder how can my client PC OS will affect my router working?
I have asked in many other computing forum, those guys told so, OS won't affect router, and won't uncompatible..........

Please help me!!!:frown:
I have no idea at all........... how can i fix this problem??

Thank you very much!!!
Did you try uncheck IPv6 in the properties of both your network adapters, try it and see if it helps, some older routers had difficulties with it.

Back