Windows 7 Windows 7 stuttering

mestisnewfound

my computer stutters for a second or two every 10-30 seconds, this did not happen when i installed it originally on this computer, i recently reformatted everything and did a clean install of Windows 7, it was working perfectly till recently. the stuttering is most noticeable in my internet browser (chrome) and is most annoying when watching streaming video. it may just stutter when using the browser i cant recall for certain if it happens on non internet applications. i did download the latest driver from nvidia, perhaps microsoft's update overrided the driver with something not as good

my computer stutters for a second or two every 10-30 seconds, this did not happen when i installed it originally on this computer, i recently reformatted everything and did a clean install of Windows 7, it was working perfectly till recently. the stuttering is most noticeable in my internet browser (chrome) and is most annoying when watching streaming video. it may just stutter when using the browser i cant recall for certain if it happens on non internet applications. i did download the latest driver from nvidia, perhaps microsoft's update overrided the driver with something not as good

What about your other drivers? They are equally as important and especially for something like video playback.. Chipset and sound drivers should be contemporary with the graphics driver. Also, check your motherboard bios is the latest version.

It seems everyone is having problems with chrome and videos lagging, including me.

I've been running the latest Chrome browser and have had no problems with lag... I'd try running IE8 and see if that has problems too... If it does, then you know it's not the browser....

I've been running the latest Chrome browser and have had no problems with lag... I'd try running IE8 and see if that has problems too... If it does, then you know it's not the browser....

IE8 and Firefox 3.5.3 running smoothly, I only have problems (as I've mentioned in my actual thread) that it only lags on certain programs. Chrome, MSN, Divx 7 (web and desktop player), Quicktime player, and that's all I have tested so far.

Back