Windows 7 Windows 7 White Screen

sin1ster

Hey im new here so take it easy on me :)

So every so often on my dell laptop i get a white screen with faint lines going down screen and computer freezes have to turn off by the off switch.

Specs
Windows 7 Ultimate OEM
Dell studio 15
Core 2 duo 2.40Ghz
3gb of RAM
320GB Hard Drive
WLED 720P screen
ATI mobility Raedeon 256MB HD4570 - Running latest ATI Drivers
And all the usually stuff

Maybe some one can help me thanks :)

Not sure but i brought it about 2 weeks ago so its relatively new so i should just wait for new driver?

Hi sin1ster,
When the laptop does the freezing thing are you doing anything in particular? Playing a game for example?

As for drivers, with laptops you usually get them from the laptop makers website although Nvidia have now started doing laptop driver support with their graphics so I guess the other makers will probably follow suit...

do you understand what Tepid means by "a driver issue" and how to solve it?

You could try going to Start > Run, and type eventvwr.exe.

Expand the Windows Log section and the select System,

Look for red error and post back with the EventID.

Its an ATI Mobilty a new one the computer drivers are for vista not Windows 7, the drivers for the laptop are still in BETA from ATI so i should just wait, yeah i check the event logs nothing in there. Nothing much at all just java flash games and it does it.

Could you provide the exact make and model of your ATI card.

Go to Start > Run, type msinfo32, expand the Components section and look under Display.

Could you provide the exact make and model of your ATI card.

Go to Start > Run, type msinfo32, expand the Components section and look under Display.

Yup, we kinda need more detail to be able to help you further...

Ati Radeon Card 4570

Any chance this thing is just "HOT". They do freeze when they get hot. You may try using many fans.

That was my original line of thought and the card mentioned is a toasty bugger. What kind of temps are you pulling?

Did You Buy This Thing For Gaming ?

They have thermal (What Is IT?) insulation. I hear this kind of heat protection is preferred, but expensive. -I'm not sure if that's an option for a laptop-

No i didnt its a work laptop and playing flash and java games, its not over heating and it does it on boot up some times. i think it is a driver problem.

This is not causing any damage to my graphics card this happening its about 2 times a day if not more.

Its different to that problem mines when it loading into windows not on bootup. and its a power issue it does it plugged in and unplugged. anyone know why?

Back
Top Bottom