Windows 7 windows 7 will not boot

matt98svt

Hi all,
I have been reading up on the fourm looking for a answer to my problem to no avail and am seeking help before i do anymore damage. I have a toshiba laptop that runs windows 7 32bit home premium and it is not booting properly. When i turn it on t will show the microsoft logo and says "starting windows" but never gets past that point. i have tried all the fixes i read about on the forum to no avail including, safemode (will not boot into safemode..starts to load but stops at drivers/atipcie.sys and sits there for a minute or two and goes to the repair startup recommeded screen. I have tried startup repair and done it many times because i have read it can take several times (it says "startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically") I have tried the windows repair disc using system restore but it says no restore points found, even though i know they are on my computer. All of my school files are on this computer and while i have some of there backed up on a external hard drive there are some more recent files that are not. What can i try without a clean install to try and repair this? Any help greatly appreciated.

The computer came with Windows 7 already installed?

How long has this been happening?

If you installed Windows 7, how did you install and did you encounter any problems during the install?

Have you tried disconnecting the network?

Have you plugged anything in?

Can you get into the recovery senario and try booting with basic video?

Back