Windows 7 Windows 7 wont boot - BIOS checked

dumdumdum

Hi basically i brought the student version of windows 7 64bit version i am currently using windows vista 32 bit version therefore i have to do a clean install. i cant get the CD to boot i have checked the that the optical drive is the first to be booted i have also burnt the iso at a speed of 2X and 4X on different discs and it still wont work. anyone got any ideas been stuck trying to make it work for days.
thanks

Hello and welcome to to thr winfows7forums

Was this a "clean" install or an upgrade.

Do you have achoice using the Student disk?

i brought the digital version online and then burnt the iso onto a dvd and when i try to boot it i just get a flashing underscore on a black background

If you can't get it to work after reburning, you may have a bad download. The .iso does say it is bootable, right and you did burn it as an image? What utility did you use to burn the .iso?

ive been using imgburn for putting the img onto the disc, tried reburning and it still didnt work just get a blinking underscore, must be bootable as when i put the DVD in and click setup it says not compatible with this version of windows because im uprading from 32 to 64bit. i guess the only thing it can be is a bad download?

Please describe what utility you are using to burn the DVD and what steps your are taking.

You might also try changing your media in case you have one that isn't capable.

any1 have an email for microsoft maybe i can try contacting them instead cant find an email anywhere and for some reason i cant go through the support cuz my serials aint working.

Back