Windows 8 Windows 8.1 Crashes when I right click at a specific area.

Windowsar

Greetings everyone.

Recently I've noticed that I'm having an issue that explorer.exe crashes when I right click inside "My PC" to be specific here:

SyeYCAq.png

Last edited:
Notes: After I have formatted my PC I installed some programs which one of the programs caused this I believe.
That’s a safe bet… I assume you didn't make any backups so the next step is to look for the driver that is causing the issue;

1. [windows key] + [r] and type "dxdiag" (without quotes) and press [enter]… if you get asked about checking the drivers say yes.

Screenshot (47).png

This gives you a system report that can find errors as well as tell you where to look for them… you can also save the file which is a nice extra.

2. Un-install all the extra software until you;

a. Are back to basic windows or

b. Have found which program corrupted your shell files.

Im sorry I didn't understand you, "Check for WHQL digital signatures" is already ticked.
Im not receiving any errors from dxdiag nor the next pages.
How can I disable the service causing this issue? and If I disabled it would it fix it?
Will uninstalling each program one by one help me determine which app is causing this?

Thanks.

Im sorry I didn't understand you, "Check for WHQL digital signatures" is already ticked.
Im not receiving any errors from dxdiag nor the next pages.

Then your drivers should be correct... I beleave (at this point) you have installed software that wants to add something to the right click manu.

How can I disable the service causing this issue? and If I disabled it would it fix it?
Do not disable any survice.
Will uninstalling each program one by one help me determine which app is causing this?
Yes that is the best way to go... you have not told us what is installed so all I can say is work backwards i.e. sort by time of install.

I used CCleaner to disable everything in my "Context Menu", enabling them one by one.
Turned out to be "Spybot - Search & Destroy" context making my explorer.exe crash.

Fixed, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom