Windows 8.1 Windows 8.1 may have the Start Menu in Autumn

Hey RB, nothing personal....but all you do is complain about how bad windows 8 is on every thread you post in. Then say how great and wonderful XP is...for me, I don't wont to read about it in every thread you reply to. The one thread you started about how good XP is, is good enough. Everybody on this forum, and I mean everybody feels the same way....so could you give it a rest please.

Err I said little about XP actually except it was the start of Microsofts rather mixed up trend later on.

As for 8 I only make fun of it because its an easy target, will it improve?
To be honest I think so if these rumors pan out

Start Menu... yum! :)

I am just skeptical about the Cloud 9.. It could be more costly at the end and more vulnerable to security and hack attacks.

Yeah, that's why I didn't get a Chromebook, instead of my low end laptop. I want my files/programs on my ssd and h.d., where I have full control of the security. I really hope 9 or whatever they call it, isn't subscription based, like Office 365 is. Yes, I now have Office 365 Home Premium, but only because out the gate, it was cheaper for my desktop & notebook. Office 2013 Home & Student for 1 pc @ $149.99 is steep. Considering it used to be a 3 pc license for Office 2010 and earlier at that price. That add's up quick, when you're on disability for life.

Yeah, that's why I didn't get a Chromebook, instead of my low end laptop. I want my files/programs on my ssd and h.d., where I have full control of the security. I really hope 9 or whatever they call it, isn't subscription based, like Office 365 is. Yes, I now have Office 365 Home Premium, but only because out the gate, it was cheaper for my desktop & notebook. Office 2013 Home & Student for 1 pc @ $149.99 is steep. Considering it used to be a 3 pc license for Office 2010 and earlier at that price. That add's up quick, when you're on disability for life.
If you are thinking about chromebook, I would say Ubuntu or Mint Mate is better. With chromebook, all there is to do is mostly internet activities (well, that's my impression of it... :) )

Back
Top Bottom