Windows 8.1 Windows 8.1 may have the Start Menu in Autumn

For me I find the whole ordeal here both hysterical and sad, sad that Microsoft has to backpedal so far but laughing because they blundered so badly.

Hey RB, nothing personal....but all you do is complain about how bad windows 8 is on every thread you post in. Then say how great and wonderful XP is...for me, I don't wont to read about it in every thread you reply to. The one thread you started about how good XP is, is good enough. Everybody on this forum, and I mean everybody feels the same way....so could you give it a rest please.

Err I said little about XP actually except it was the start of Microsofts rather mixed up trend later on.

As for 8 I only make fun of it because its an easy target, will it improve?
To be honest I think so if these rumors pan out

Start Menu... yum! :)

I am just skeptical about the Cloud 9.. It could be more costly at the end and more vulnerable to security and hack attacks.

Yeah, that's why I didn't get a Chromebook, instead of my low end laptop. I want my files/programs on my ssd and h.d., where I have full control of the security. I really hope 9 or whatever they call it, isn't subscription based, like Office 365 is. Yes, I now have Office 365 Home Premium, but only because out the gate, it was cheaper for my desktop & notebook. Office 2013 Home & Student for 1 pc @ $149.99 is steep. Considering it used to be a 3 pc license for Office 2010 and earlier at that price. That add's up quick, when you're on disability for life.

Yeah, that's why I didn't get a Chromebook, instead of my low end laptop. I want my files/programs on my ssd and h.d., where I have full control of the security. I really hope 9 or whatever they call it, isn't subscription based, like Office 365 is. Yes, I now have Office 365 Home Premium, but only because out the gate, it was cheaper for my desktop & notebook. Office 2013 Home & Student for 1 pc @ $149.99 is steep. Considering it used to be a 3 pc license for Office 2010 and earlier at that price. That add's up quick, when you're on disability for life.
If you are thinking about chromebook, I would say Ubuntu or Mint Mate is better. With chromebook, all there is to do is mostly internet activities (well, that's my impression of it... :) )

Back