Windows 8 Windows 8.1 Random BSOD with freezes or reboots

agiroult

Hello,

I need some help please.
I've just bought and assembled a brand new computer (i.e. every part is new), all the drivers are up to date (I think) and I've only used it for a few days (see attached file for détails on the configuration).
My computer keeps either freezing or crashing. It has crashed repeatedly with games (Civilization Beyond Earth, Shadows of Mordor, Gabriel Knight 20th anniversary...). It also crashed while doing maintenance.
My cooling system seems more than adequate, the CPU temperature doesn't really rise.
Honestly I'm at a loss.
Could some one help me please.

PS: I also seem to have some problems with my sound system (motherboard HD sound) as it makes short bursts of noise from time to time.

Attachments

• W7F_06-03-2015.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 685
Could you get a screen grab of the memory tab of cpu-z please and if possible any minidumps you may have.

Just noticed, you're overclocked, try taking the machine back to stock and hopefully the freezes will cease,

Hi,
as the above mentions return to default values and see if bsod stops. If it doesn't then we'll need to read your dump files. (your zip didn't contain any) These are created when a machine blue screens but only if a machine is configured to do so.
Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be
found later.
Click and apply to exit the dialogs.

Once you've changed settings you'll then need another bsod event before a dump file is created. One thing to consider, if you have no Pagefile or one which is below 200mb then dump file creation will not go ahead so make sure those conditions are met.

Hi,

Thank you for the quick answers.
Actually I unmounted/remounted my heat sink/fan, then I unplugged/replugged the cables to my power supply and while doing that I noticed that one of them was wobbly. I suspect that that was the problem as I haven't had a freeze since yesterday.

Back