Windows 8 Browser Screenshot Reveals a Little More UI

cybercore

I think most Windows 8 followers are more interested in the changing UI’s of Windows 8 than they are minor tweaks to features that have been around for a number of Windows versions. Personally, I completely welcome new features and improvements to the next version of Windows, but the dual, tablet and 3D UI’s we’ve been hearing rumors about are what really have me interested in what Microsoft says is their “…riskiest product bet yet.”

Just today, Neowin.net revealed more of the browser UI that was first revealed in the co-unveil of Paul Thurrott and Raphael Rivera a few weeks ago. You may remember that the new browser bore a close resemblance to the minimalist browser in Windows Phone and clearly had hints of the Metro UI that has become very popular in Microsoft’s recent products.

You’ll notice in the leaked screenshot below that the new interface for IE9 (or whatever it will be called) is clearly created with touch-devices in mind. This new tablet approach is said to be all over Windows 8 and will help Microsoft to stretch their main OS over a number of different form factors.

immersive7955-600x314.jpg

There is clearly a mix of both the current browser and Metro-influenced design at work in this screenshot.

More Windows 8 Browser Screenshot Reveals a Little More UI

Back