Windows 8 Windows 8 First Sign in Problem

Noya

Hey guys. I just got a new Toshiba laptob with Windows 8, and after setting the language, country etc, it asked me to to sign up. I connected to wi fi and tried to login in with my microsoft account, but it said the password is incorrect. I rewrote the email and password over and over, in case I had typos, but it did not change. I logged off and on again with the same information on web in another computer and it worked just fine, so no problem with that. I tried logging in with the account of my brother and a new one but nothing helped.
I really have no idea what to do...

Thanks in advance.

I know but... did you set the keyboard settings right ?

Also, you can skip this step and make a local account. See this article.
After that you can use the laptop and figure out what's the problem.

OTT

I entered the link you gave, but the thing is, Im never shown the option of creating a new account. All I have is the purple screen through which I can only log in with a windows account or a local account, connect a network, change the language, turn off or restart. I have no option of making a new account whatsoever.

All I have is the purple screen through which I can only log in with a windows account or a local account, connect a network, change the language, turn off or restart.
Choose "local account" and fill in a username and password.
Please remember both or write them down. ;)

OTT

Yes, it is not very obvious to create a local account. On the "Sign in to your PC" screen you have to click on "Sign in without a Microsoft account" then select Local Account.

@Noya if you just made this Microsoft account you first need to log into it and accept the terms before you can get into it from your laptop system... use a phone or another computer for this part or as others suggest the local account.

Back