Windows 8 Windows 8 Password Reset

Good Day,

I hope I am posting this in the correct location, I have come across a laptop with Windows 8 on, the user forgot the password, it is a local account with no admin account, how can one go about resetting the password?

I have tried ntpassword, but it does not support Win8.

Any programs that one can use to boot a PC/Laptop to reset the password?

Thanks a mil.
PhillipD

I found this question and I also met the same issue, but I didn't use any software, I have a password reset disk, then easily reset the password, if you have a password reset disk, then just do it. If you don't have password reset disk, then I suggest you try iSeePassword windows password recovery program. It works but not free, only $17, If you found freeware, please don't forgot to share with us.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Good Day,

I hope I am posting this in the correct location, I have come across a laptop with Windows 8 on, the user forgot the password, it is a local account with no admin account, how can one go about resetting the password?

I have tried ntpassword, but it does not support Win8.

Any programs that one can use to boot a PC/Laptop to reset the password?

Thanks a mil.
PhillipD

if you can make another user account an administrator account then you already have an administrator account and have all that you need to change passwords of other user accounts,

net user

Last edited:
Back