Windows 10 Windows Apps Not Working (Including Store App)

sadhistorian

Hello new guy, here so recently I ran into a problem. Just recently I notice that none of the in built windows apps is working. This includes things like photos, microsoft store, and even the troubleshooter itself (to be exact, the the prompt that asked me to send feedback when it doesn't find any problems). Every time I tried to open these apps (including that feedback prompt in the troubleshooter), it opens for a second and immediately closed.

Usually a prompt appears that notice me that the app can't be opened. I've tried things like clearing the cache, resetting, adjusting date and time, adjusting the network, and a few other things with the cmd and powershell that supposed to repair any corrupt files. Now the troubleshooter obviously fails, however my tinkering with the cmd and powershell yield interesting response; in particular its as if the apps wasn't there. When I tried to use WSReset to clean microsoft store cache. A window appears that tell me that the app doesn't start.

I would've posted a screenshot, but my attempt to screencap keep failing somehow (it caps the screen but abruptly exit as if nothing happens) and it occurs to me that the problem seems to affecting many if not all microsoft store apps. So please any solution short of reinstalling my windows?

Reinstall your apps: In Microsoft Store, select See more > My Library. Select the app you want to reinstall, and then select Install. Run the troubleshooter: Select the Start button, and then select Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Back