Windows 10 Windows Continually Restarting after 10 minutes Solved

tmyc

First Hi Everyone, this is my first post.

Turned on the computer today and it shut down and restarted after 10 minutes. This continued over and over.
The first thing I tried was to Restore to an earlier date (Dec31) and that didn't work, problem continued.
I did a lot of trouble shooting and the mystery continued until I followed this video... Ooops sorry can't post the link.
I did a lot of stuff. Even called Microsoft to try to get pay support over the phone. They wouldn't do it and told me to call a local support person. I told them that I suspected windows update was the problem and they said they never heard of that and blamed my power supply, motherboard, etc etc
then of course sudden disconnect of the phone.
This worked out because after 12 hours of research and problem solving, finally a Youtube video came up with a solution of changing the Way Windows Updates are Installed... to "Notify To Reschedule Restart" and it worked. Now to me that's a temporary fix because it doesn't solve the original problem of getting the updates in the first place by leaving "Automatic (Recommended) the way to receive the updates. I did notice that I received a lot of updates when I turned on the computer at first. They all installed, but what about the future updates?

What's next and is there a way to fix this and allow future updates automatically because this will probably happen on the next updates. IS there something I can do now to get this back to Normal updating?

I haven't had any problems with my computer since I built it (my first build) in June of 2014 with Windows 8.1 upgraded to 10 in Oct 2015. I have no problems running/editing 4k videos from my Phantom P3 in Adobe Premier if anyone is interested (Patience with my video editing the drone & editing is new) My Videos here. oops Can't Post it... Sorry.

Thanks again... Hope I've helped some of you (if temporary) anyway.

Z87 Extreme11/ac
22 x SATA3 ports (16 SAS3 + 6 SATA3), 4-Way SLI™ & CrossFireX™, Thunderbolt™ 2.
Intel Core i7-4770K CPU @3.50 GHz
32GB G Skillz Ripjawz Ram
Samsung Evo 1 TB SSD

Samsung 32" WQHD LED Monitor (S32FD850T) @ 2560x1440 59Hz Main Monitor
Samsung 40" Monitor/TV for second screen
Corsair AX1200i Power Supply AX1200i
Corsair H100i Htx Liquid Cooling
Corsair Odsidian 900d Case
Geforce GTX 780Ti
(2) Pioneer BDR 2209 - Blue Ray Burners
(6) WD 4TB Black Hard Drives

Has no had this Problem? If so How did you fix it. I'm just wondering. Everything is fine, but I just wonder how it will affect the next group of updates?

I also went through and updated all the drivers in the Device Manager, Right Clicked each instance and Updated Driver Software.

Hi,
I'm so sorry no one has replied to your thread and i assume it's just been missed.

So if I'm correct you've managed to fix your issue by turning off Windows updates so that the troublesome update won't be installed and hence cause the restart loop. Yes?

Unfortunately the changes to Windows update have made it pretty near impossible to avoid particular updates. All you can do is either turn it on or off (as you have done) or defer the update to a later date.

Do you know which actual update it is? If so please post.

Try running these scans and then installing the update again:
File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Back