Windows 7 Windows doesn't stay asleep.

Picartman

Hello everyone. For some reason when I but Windows to Sleep, a couple minutes later it turns itself on again. In the power options I don't have any "auto-wakeup" sort of feature enabled, so I have no idea what it could be. This never happened to me on Vista before, and I checked the Bios and found nothing that could help. What should I try? Thanks in advance.

This is a really old chestnut. The remedy in most cases, is simple. Lets hope it works for you!!
Open the device Manager and click "Network Adapters"
Right click your default adapter and select properties.
Click the "Power Management" tab
Untick the bottom square option.
Log off or restart.

This is a really old chestnut. The remedy in most cases, is simple. Lets hope it works for you!!
Open the device Manager and click "Network Adapters"
Right click your default adapter and select properties.
Click the "Power Management" tab
Untick the bottom square option.
Log off or restart.

I'll test it later but that seems like the best solution. :D I wonder why they don't add an overall feature to disable waking up the computer...

I'll test it later but that seems like the best solution. :D I wonder why they don't add an overall feature to disable waking up the computer...

Shall test as well my side, except mine decides to come out of sleep without fail at 4am on the button, have checked bios settings and nothing points to causing this.

Nightwulfe.
Check your Windows update schedule. Antivirus update schedule: and your defragment schedule. But the last should still be on default - once a week!

Could be Scheduled Tasks starting to stop them from waking up the computer, type "Task scheduler" in the start menuu, once there, click "task scheduler library" over in the left hand pane. Then look through scheduled tasks, right click on them one by one and select properties Then, Conditions tab and make sure "Wake the computer to run this task" is not checked.

Sorry for the bad spelling, my keyboard needs a slight cleaning

Cheers,
Mitchell

Yay it works. :D But is there a way that I can automatically log in instead of having to choose my account? I'm the only user so why do I have to do that? Sorry I'm used to Vista. :)

Also I don't have any odd tasks scheduled, it was the network devices in my device manager.

IF you are the only user, no problem:
Press Windows R. A command box should appear. Type control userpasswords2 and hit the enter key. This should display the User Accounts screen in Windows 7. Select the user account in the main table and uncheck the “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer. A click on the Apply button will open the Automatically Log On window. Enter the password and confirm it to add the password to the system so that it does not need to be entered during logon.

Back