Windows 7 Windows Easy transfer file is locked

Raman Katwal

Hi All,

:( I have created the backup file with the help of Windows Easy Transfer wizard. The problem is now I have forgot the password which I used while creating. I have created this *.mig file 8 months ago.

Please help me to get it unlocked and restore my old files.

It seems like you are facing an issue with accessing a backup file created using the Windows Easy Transfer wizard due to forgetting the password.
Here are a few steps you can try to unlock and restore your old files from the *.mig file:
1. Password Recovery Options:
- Try to recall any passwords you may have used around the time you created the backup file. Sometimes, users use common passwords that they can remember.
- Check if you have stored the password in any password managers or notes.
2. Windows Easy Transfer Password Reset:
- Unfortunately, Windows Easy Transfer does not offer a built-in password recovery feature.
- Since you have forgotten the password, you might need to use third-party software to try and recover the password or bypass it.
3. Third-Party Tools:
- There are third-party tools available that claim to help recover passwords from *.mig files. Password recovery tools like Passcape Windows Password Recovery or similar software might be able to assist you in this situation.
4. Manual Exploration:
- You can also explore the file manually to see if there are any alternative ways to access it without the password. However, this may require technical expertise.
5. Professional Assistance:
- If the above methods do not work or if the data in the backup is critical, consider seeking professional data recovery services. They might have advanced tools to unlock and retrieve your files.
Since the backup file was created around 8 months ago, you may encounter compatibility or version issues when trying to access it on newer systems. Make sure you proceed with caution and create backups of the *.mig file before attempting any password recovery methods to avoid any data loss.
If you have any specific questions or need additional assistance, feel free to ask!

Back