Windows explorer stopped working

gjbnh

This is day two of an upgrade install. Windows Mail is hanging when I try to shut it down, and Windows Explorer, when opened, shows no drive icons, and the green progress bar never finishes loading. I can no longer navigate the installation. Doing an SFC scannow doesn't show any problems. I am at a lost on how tofix this problem. Any ideas/suggentions?

Last edited:
You did an upgrade rather than a clean install? I'd suggest a re-install... but this time do a clean install.. ;) upgrading can and usually does lead to problems like the one your having.. All you need to do for the clean install is boot from your Windows 7 RC dvd then format the partition that has Win 7 currently installed on it then clean install Windows 7 on that partition and your problems should go away.. :)

gjbnh

I know that MS recommends cleans installs over W7 Beta, but this rule of ubuntu appears to apply to W7. Thanks.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.