Windows 7 windows keeps shutting down help plz

maka12

Hi there i am running windows 7 64 , my wife today inserted a leap pad tag junior learning device into my usb port, it started loading data onto my computer then it black screened and
and went to the blue screen, the computer will only boot up in safe mode now, if i try to boot normal it starts loading my icons on the desktop etc but then black screens after around 10 seconds . on the blue screen it has the following

bad pool header
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 19
BCP1: 0000000000000020
BCP2: FFFFFA80126F7150
BCP3: FFFFFA80126F71D0
BCP4: 000000000C080015
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1
i tried cleaning registrys and rolling back a restore but it does not work.
can anyone please help me or give me some advice.
thanks
maka

You need to look through msconfig.exe in safe mode to see what might be starting up. If you see something related to the leap pad, try unchecking it to keep it from starting.

If you can start device manager, see if you can find any devices installed by that program you might be able to uninstall.

Further to Salty's answer, a stop code 0x19 means a driver is causing problems.

We really need to see the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

Please see: How to ask for help with a BSOD problem Following Method 2:

Download​
and run the SF Diagnostics Tool. Right click the SF Diag tool and select Run as Administrator before running. When the reports have been created, zip them up and attach to a post.

Download and run CPU-Z. Take screenshots**/snips of the Mainboard tab, Memory tab and all the slot #'s under the SPD tab.
Go to Post Reply, click on the Go Advanced button and attach the screenshots**/snips to your post for all the RAM experts to see by using the paper clip you will find on the top toolbar. Do not zip them up.
If screenshots, please crop.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:
Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
OK your way out.
Reboot if changes have been made.

The .dmp files are located at C:\Windows\Minidump. Until a .dmp file is generated, the Minidump folder may not exist.

Go to your C:\Windows\Minidump folder. Copy the .dmp files to a new folder on your desktop. Zip up that folder and attach to a post.

its sorted unchecked some startup programs and booted up ok now , also when it booted up there was lots of error and warning messages from my kaspersky anti virus, the files of the usb device could of been conflicting with kaspersky?
also when i did my system restore to 2 weeks prior why did this not fix it,
thanks for both your replys and help
maka

Anti-virus programs can interfere with the installation of some software, depending on how it is written. Turning off those programs may help during an install and many times is recommend by the installer or its instructions.

A restore does not seem to change everything on your system, like some personal files, and maybe other things, not really sure.

Back
Top Bottom