Windows Vista Windows Live Mail Beta Available

Celestra

Former Moderator
:) Still using Windows Live Mail ? The Beta is available
Link Removed - Invalid URL I've used this before, I loved it!

" I loved it"
Can't argue with that!
I,ve been using it for a year now. The update came yesterday and now includes a couple of extra items relating to photos and messenging.
Maybe readers can find other altenatives on the web which provide other facilities, but for me Live mail does it all - and quickly!

Now I,m needing help or comment!
I have just checked my Email, for the first time since updating.
I find that , although the update is "WLinstaller", and the MS web page discusses the new WL facilities, in fact it updates Windows Mail.

Hmm...... I'm using live mail too and have been for a while but have recieved no 'update' as such.. It's a big improvement over the default utility that comes with vista and I'll keep my eye out for the update..

I've just checked my version, which is 12. 0. 1606 (I only installed this version the other week and so it would seem won't be recieving an update via the WU) . The one on the page Celestra has posted is 12. 0. 1184 . So if you installed this at the very day of release (which was 30 May 2007) then it looks like you will recieve an update.

Thanks Kemical. No I didn't download Celestra's link. I got mine via amicrosoft update in aTechnet newsletter. My stupid fault, I clicked the wrong link!! It's all sorted now.
P.S. Yes, you are right, I have just checked celestra's link. It is a bit out of date.

Phew! I'm glad we got that sorted lol.. I was suddenly thinking huh?:eek: Live mail beta?:eek: But it's been out ages and I never saw the beta bit until now....:eek:
Something you don't need first thing in the morning....

Thanks anyway for keeping up to speed with me kemical. I think I have been troubling you guys for nothing at the moment.
I have just used my some of my savings in buying something I have coveted for a while - a new laptop. But this one is something else. Its an Acer 9813 with a 21 inch screen, and just about every gadget you can think of hanging off it (Bluetooth, infra etc etc.)
I have, for three days, been sorting it out and transferring a lot of data across from my other computers, consolidating onto this one, which, from now on, will be my main working computer. In the process (a new from scratch, installation of VistaI I frankly lost track of whether I was getting updates, transferring programs, or clicking links.
All sorted out now, I hope. This machine, too be honest, is more of a portable desktop than a laptop - unless you have a strong lap.

Sounds like a very nice piece of kit.. I'm the same when I get something new though (pc wise) I'm at it for days, trying it out, exploring every nook and cranny so I understand what you say totally..

Back