Windows 7 Windows Media Player Deletes Pictures

MaxAvidy

So I was organizing my Folder selections for wmp. I only wanted my music from a few select folders so I removed all other folders including My Pictures and My Videos. Well I just went to back up my media including pictures and my default pictures folder is gone (empty) as well as my default video folder. Now I have other folders that showed up on other drives, but those were not deleted and the contents still remain. But 4 years worth of pictures from my life in the Marines and 3+ years worth of college pics as well as other family pics are just gone. I'm running DiskDigger and it seems to be finding a lot of it, but I just wanted to point this out. I had even had the option to not delete something from my computer when I remove it from the library. I think this is a really dangerous problem that's going to cause me to have to do hours of work to reorganize and relabel thousands of pictures. Has anyone else had this problem, or know of a fix? can I uninstall wmp and replace it with something else? All I need is something that I can create a library and playlists. Nothing fancy.

Removing folders from the WMP list also removes them from the Library. Try going to C:\Users\"Your Name"\My Pictures They should all still be in there. Just do the same thing for videos except go to videos instead of pictures.

Last edited:
Back