Windows 8 windows media player function key help

SwayZoh

Function Keys help, mine stopped working
had my new asus laptop for a week and up until today windows media player 12 fn media keys stopped working. Before, i could have wmp minimized and still change the song pressing Fn and the arrow keys but now they stopped working. i would be able to play games and just change the song with the arrow keys. now i have to use the wmp plugin keys where you press Ctrl and whatever key you set it as.

so. how do i get back the fn media keys to work again? i already downloaded and installed the asus atk package many times. however when i run wmp as admin the fn+media keys work again but only while wmp is open, before as i said, it could do that even when minimized.

btw, all the function keys work fine other than the issue ive stated above

Since you have a function key, I would think that was controlled by an ASUS utility. Since you have downloaded what you believe is that utility and it still does not work, possibly the actions have been changed in Windows or you are not using the correct utility.

Could you give us your complete model number?

Since you have a function key, I would think that was controlled by an ASUS utility. Since you have downloaded what you believe is that utility and it still does not work, possibly the actions have been changed in Windows or you are not using the correct utility.

Could you give us your complete model number?

its the "Asus (G750JW-DB71-CA) Republic Of Gamers Laptop"

The only download I see you did not mention is a Keyboard Filter driver. Since I do not know what it is for, I do not know if it is needed. It does refer to HardwareID=*ATK3001 in the install files.

Do you have an entry in the Control Panel for Keyboard and it showing the ASUS keyboard or allow you to change anything there?

Are you installing the ATK drivers as Administrator?

Back