Windows 7 Windows Media player Spyware

jimbo45

Hi Guys
Be careful in using W7 WMP. There's a little legal "nasty" in that it says " Usage will be sent to Microsoft" plus some discalimer saying that "Information is only collected for "Statistical Purposes".

Whilst I don't believe in Microsoft "Conspoiracy" theories I just don't like the idea of this sort of stuff going willy nilly to a large corporation -- If they can't even kepp their own internal OS'es from hitting the torrents then what chance is there of keeping this sort of info away from prying eyes.

It's a bit like the Police saying -- we only collect details about crimes for "Statistical Purposes" --Of course the Police want to use the statistics to help them in preventing further crimes.

The Same I' sure with info over WMP to Microsoft -- possibly it will go to the Music and Media moguls to foist yet another botched "DRM" system to be foisted on us --I'm in favour or protecting intellectual property rights but if I've legally paid for music / films etc I want to be able to play them WHENEVER and WHEREVER I Want.

Cheers
jimbo

Back
Top Bottom