Windows 7 windows media player

effing chris

I can only burn about 73-74 minutes to a 80 min.cdr. Anything over that bumps it to cd no.2. Shouldn't I be able to burn up to 80 min. Occasionally I can burn up to 79 min and over, but after the disc finishes burning it won't play and it's listed as an unknown disc

74 minutes is the standard and although you may record up to 80 minutes it is non-standard and will not play back on some players. If you want reliable playback you should stick to 74 minutes.

To add a small note: burning at max. speed isn't necessarily recommended. Like system discs, Windows OS and such, shouldn't be burned at higher speed than 3x - a problem today, since most new burners only accept 6x or higher... how does one solve that?

Dilemma?

Not to claim this has to do with you, effing chris.

Pauli - That used to be common before CD/DVD burners implemented the data underrun buffer. I haven't had problems burning CD/DVDs at full speed in over 10 years. Before the data underrun buffer became common in burners, if you wanted a successful burn you didn't exceed 1X.

@strollin: I haven't had problems either. Thanks for your comment - good to know people follow what is written. Presumably I should delete this old info from the Hyper SSD in between my ears. :eek: ... surgery???

Getting old, the ears I mean. Well used, everything wears down.

Last edited:
Back