Windows 10 Windows Media Player

Kevin231135

Hi
Upgraded to windows 10 Home 32bit and 64bit, by free download at the release stage. all OK for a long time then crash. Bought windows10 Home 32bit & 64bit (to meet my 2 disc system requirement) on USB Pen drive, found my old PC would not load from USB so used Product Key to download Windows10 iso. file works for everything except NO Windows Media Player loaded
Web sites say that Windows Media Player will be loaded from a clean Install - As far as I know my install was clean, not had any warnings to say otherwise - Or - will be installed from future windows updates.
Over the last eight weeks or so I have made sure that I have received the latest updates even the Fall Creator Update my system version is 1709 (OS Build 16299.334)
Searching the Microsoft Help/Support/Downloads all reference is to the Install/Update route No reference to an Official Microsoft Download for Windows Media Player
Can anybody Help Please
Regards
Kevin Ward

Neemobeer
Tried the "winver" approach already
Just get response - Microsoft Windows Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.334) (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved The Windows 10 Home operating system is protected etc
Because system not listed as N or any other designation did not think the Windows 10 Media Feature Pack would be applicable.
Should I still try it and how do I access the download
Kevin

Wouldn't hurt to try or try the following

• Press the windows key
  • Type control
  • Open the control panel
  • Click on "Turn Windows features on or off
  • If "Media Features" isn't check, check the box. If it shows a black box expand "Media Features" (+) and check the box for windows media player

The last post is the clincher. For some reason, MS decoded this would be off by default.

It should be back in the start menu then.

Followed links for Media Pack download on support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3145500 (covering Ver. 1709 build 16299) which is my Ver. and build. Download started then stopped with message "The update is not applicable to your computer"
Tried option 2 Media Features is already checked with + at left hand side without a black box
Still no windows Media Player

I don't understand the Last Post comment (Looked in my start menu no wiser)

Any further help would be appreciated

Kevin

Because Windows Media Player not in Apps list I had not looked further, however, Because Media Features identified WMP as loaded. Looked in C:\programs found full file listed. Right click on wmplayer and clicked create short cut. Clicked on new short cut on desk top this took me into the wmplayer Application Tools. Right click on wmplayer in this list for create shortcut which gave me a new shortcut which opens full functions of Windows Media Player - Problem Solved

Back