Windows 8 Windows .net clickonce launch utility - running wild?

tallon

I have a weird problem. Every couple of days, over the last week or so, my machine slows right down and many apps freeze. When I look in Task Manager>Process I can see that '.net clickonce launch utility' is running and hogging system resources which is slowing the machine to a crawl.

For example, just now it was using 63% of CPU and 1323Mb of memory. My CPU usage rarely goes over 5% on anything, even Photoshop.

Anyone know what this uitility is? and what it's doing that causes this slowdown?

I tried Googling it, but it seems that most problems are with it NOT running - my problem is that it's running too much....

My PC is 3 months old, and spec is:
- Asus P8B75-MLX motherboard
- Intel Core i7 3770K
- 16Gb memory
- GeForce 9800GTX+
- 128 Gb SSD + 2Tb hard drive
- Windows 8

Hi,

have you tried re-installing the .net services? If you go via control panel, Programs, Turn Windows features on or off, you could try turning it off and back on again? Also is the pc fully updated via windows update?

Hi,

have you tried re-installing the .net services? If you go via control panel, Programs, Turn Windows features on or off, you could try turning it off and back on again? Also is the pc fully updated via windows update?

It doesn't do this all the time, plus Windows 8 is set to automatically update itself. I wonder if maybe a virus or something is taking it over?

Back
Top Bottom