Windows 7 Windows not detecting wireless network

GeekyChic

Hi:

This is my first post, so sorry if I don't know all of the protocol. I just installed Windows 7 two days ago. I have a Toshiba laptop. I'm running Win 7 Home Premium, 64-bit. Problem is, it just disconnected me from my wireless network randomly. Worked fine all day, then just stopped. I reset both my cable modem and the wifi router, to no avail. I'm plugged in right now for access.

I ran the troubleshooter and it says "problem with wireless adapter or access point." The adapter I have is an Atheros AR5007EG. (When I look in the system info tab, it doesn't even know what the name of the adapter is -- everything says "Not Available") Windows says I have the right drivers, so I'm not sure what to do next. I sometimes had a wifi connection problem with Vista -- I would just disable the firewall, very bad, I know -- to work around it.

So, if someone can help with this, it would be great. I don't quite know all the nuances of how to get to .exe files and things like that, so if there's a less technical way to explain it, that would help!

Many thanks! :razz:

Here is a link for the Atheros AR5007EG drivers. Link Removed - Invalid URL
There are some 64 bit Vista drivers there. I'd try the 7.2.0.125 drivers first as they work perfectly in my Acer Travelmate.

Hope it helps.

Riceboi - what make/ model of Adapter do you have.

I'm having the exact same problem. I have a Toshiba Satellite P200 with an Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Network Adapter. This morning I attempted to log on to my network to find that nothing was being detected whereas everything was working fine last night. Whenever I turn the wireless adapter on now, the computer gets sort of choppy. I've been able to connect to my router via a wired connection and am currently running an online virus scan from Trend Micro to see if anything might have happened.... any ideas? I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit.

Take Care,

Celtic

Back