Windows 7 Windows repair disk error

Greyhound77

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone can help me.

I'm trying to replace the HDD on my laptop (Samsung RV520 with Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64). So I made a system image on a portable HDD and a system repair disk.

After replacing the HDD with the new one and trying to boot with the repair disk I am met with the following error:

“This version of System Recovery Options is not compatible with the version of windows you are trying to repair. Try using a recovery disc that is compatible with this version of windows.”

The repair disk was made on the system I'm trying to fix. I've also tried making a Windows recovery flash drive (I can't post links to show the instructions I followed).
But that also delivers the same error message in bold above.

I've made sure I have the correct boot device prioritised in the BIOS each time but continue to get the same error.
I even tried cloning my HDD with EaseUS, but after a successful clone the new HDD still won't boot.

I don't have a Windows installation disk, just a recovery OEM partition on the HDD.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Hello,
May be there is more than one HDD on the system then to prevent the occurence of:-

"This version of System Recovery Options is not compatible with the version of windows you are trying to repair. Try using a recovery disc that is compatible with this version of windows."

the windows system disc has to be on a lower channel than any other disc and must be the first disc in the boot priority list
or
all discs but the system disc should be disabled in the BIOS

Be sure the partition you are trying to install to on the new HDD is flagged as "Active"

Back
Top Bottom