Windows 10 Windows rollback function not showing up.

Dudster25

When I boot my PC, on occasion, it will freeze, requiring me to completely restart my computer. Because of that, I would like to rollback back to windows 8.1.

However there is a problem. The windows rollback menu does not show up when i boot up my computer.

Any ideas?

Unexpected restart of the Windows 10 OS system makes the computer very slow to start. Start the computer, wait for some minutes and your computer may start properly. Please reply your computer system specifications so, I can help you.

Unexpected restart of the Windows 10 OS system makes the computer very slow to start. Start the computer, wait for some minutes and your computer may start properly. Please reply your computer system specifications so, I can help you.

Okay, i will give system specs when I get home.

So sorry, did not have time yesterday.

Anyway My system spec are

Acer ACT-105-UR11
Amd a10 6700
Amd r9 270
10 gigs of ddr3 ram
Hope this helps.

You may not need it, but on the Updates Settings-Advanced-View Update History there is an option to "Uninstall latest preview build". The option may only be available for a short time after you do some updates, but you might check.

You may not need it, but on the Updates Settings-Advanced-View Update History there is an option to "Uninstall latest preview build". The option may only be available for a short time after you do some updates, but you might check.
But he is not able to start his computer.

Sadly, none of this is helping. I still can't rollback to windows 8.1 and the freezing is still happening. Any more ideas?

1. there is no roll back... windows 10 is a beta and "use at your own risk" software.

2. if your system came with windows 8.1 pre-installed then download the (free) windows 8.1 iso from Microsoft and re-install it... the key should be stored in your motherboard bios and kick in auto-mattic when it detects a windows 8.1 install.

Last edited:
The only solve to this problem is by burning a windows 8.1 iso file to an pendrive/disk, booting from it and installing the windows.

Do you have any external Devices connected to the system? Removing whatever you can could help.

Can you get the system up long enough to get to the Recovery options and boot into SAFE Mode?

Since it might be a video driver situation, booting with a basic video presentation might help you stabilize long enough to do some trouble shooting. Is the 10 GB of memory an OEM install or did you change it?

You don't say which preview build you are running. I suppose you don't currently have the ability to update, even with an .iso file..

If you want to go back to 8.1, does you OEM have a built in way to do that, such a special key during boot or something like holding the power button during start?

Back