Windows 7 Windows starts normally but stuck after 2 min - Works fine in safe mode

Xorry

Hello everyone, I am new here and this forum seems quite helpful.

I obviously have a problem with Windows 7. My computer worked fine until yesterday evening when suddenly Windows stuck. It looks like my disk is working (or trying to work) constantly. I am only able to use my computer normally every 5 minutes (and just for 20 seconds). Only the mouse works all the time. When I start the task manager nothing looks wrong.

Everything works well in safe mode (I am currently using it) so I am a bit confused. Could it be an issue with the hardware?

Could anyone help. Happy to provide more info as I believe it will be needed.

Eric

Have you checked the Event Viewer to see if any error or warning messages show up.

Try leaving Task Manager open to the and watch the CPU utilization. If something is running and maxing out the CPU, it should show up.

Have you looked at msconfig.exe to see what might be starting up on the Startup tab? You could either use a diagnostic startup from there or try to disable certain components from starting up by unchecking them.

Many times things like this are caused by an anti-virus doing scans, or something trying to access the net.

Back