Windows 7 windows update doesnt work

atom

i just installed win7 a few days ago today i found that when i open win update it opens with this on top #element moudle headertext# how to fix this im using win7 32 bit.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,831
Wow. That's definately a new one if I've ever seen it. Has it always been like this, or has something changed in the last few days? If something has changed, try using System Restore to restore your system to an earlier time. We will need more information about this one.

What version of Windows 7 are you running? Was it an upgrade or clean install? When did the problem start?

Welcome to the forums, by the way!

atom, is what is your windows 7 build number, is it 7 final ?

windows.update may no longer work with 7 RC.

the update was working yesterday today i had this problem and on top of that i have no restore point

some information

Here is some info
im running xp and windows 7 (installed on diffrent drives)
i have 1gb ram
Windows 7 updates center were working fine yesterday
i had installed magic disk and uninstalled it today
im using windows 7 ultimate

Last edited:
im am a newbie with windows 7 and dont know how to check build number and whether it is final or rc

type winver in the start.Copy the ver number here, or press ALT and PrtSc together and copy the picture to Paint,save it somewhere and then attach the whole picture here.

its is build 7600 version 6.1 and i fixed the problem by reinstalling windows 7 now windows update works again

Back