Windows Update to Be Updated

reghakr

Essential Member
The Microsoft Product Update Team has announced that come August, the Windows Update and Microsoft Update services will be upgraded, task which will require a Windows Update and Automatic Updates client code update. The update process will kick off by the end of next month and will be completed in approximately two months time.

Please be aware that beginning next month, we will start an upgrade to the Windows Update and Microsoft Update services. As a part of the service upgrade, an update to the Windows Update and Automatic Updates client code will be required. We will start this infrastructure update in late August, and it will take a couple of months to complete the rollout. Updates to the services and Windows code are required from time to time to maintain and improve service quality, reliability, and operations. The last update occurred in November of 2008, explained the Microsoft Product Update Team.

What does this mean for you? It means that the Windows Update UI (user interface) for Vista and Windows Server 2008 will be improved the visibility and the amount of details on available updates will be increased; the manner in which users are informed about service pack updates will be enhanced. What will not change is the look and feel or Automatic Updates; your Windows Update or Automatic Updates settings will not be modified either.

The Windows Update or Automatic Updates client software must be updated, or you may not be able to successfully check for updates or perform other configured actions, added the Microsoft Product Update Team. If Windows Update or Automatic Updates is enabled to automatically check for updates, download updates, or install updates on your computer then the infrastructure update will be downloaded and installed automatically. Your computer will not be updated if you have disabled Windows Update (or Automatic Updates) and do not check for updates.

» Microsoft July 09 Patch Tuesday: 6 Security Bulletins

Windows Update to be Updated ..................

This is a long-winded, subtle way of saying that "we (MS) are going to flesh-out and disable to use windows update all non-genuine windows installations all over the world ......". Lol.

Oh yeah,

i'm sure they will be using a highly protected version of the Windows activation process and WGA.

This is a long-winded, subtle way of saying that "we (MS) are going to flesh-out and disable to use windows update all non-genuine windows installations all over the world ......". Lol.

Oh yeah,

i'm sure they will be using a highly protected version of the Windows activation process and WGA.

Ah so the long rd is now a bit longer ;)

I am going to stick to my guns on this one... but I think that MS feels that a certain amount of "unauthorized ;)" use of their OS is not only acceptable... but desirable for complete market penetration. I recall the "sky was falling" when the '08 update overhaul was announced and all frankenbuilds of vista would self-destruct.

Now... I don't think they are going to make it easy, per se, but I dont think this overhaul of update is targeted to crush "non-genuine" installs.

I could be naive though :)

I am going to stick to my guns on this one... but I think that MS feels that a certain amount of "unauthorized ;)" use of their OS is not only acceptable... but desirable for complete market penetration. I recall the "sky was falling" when the '08 update overhaul was announced and all frankenbuilds of vista would self-destruct.

Now... I don't think they are going to make it easy, per se, but I dont think this overhaul of update is targeted to crush "non-genuine" installs.

I could be naive though :)
I think it's already begun. The last couple days I've been unable to receive updates and the error message I get is linked to the Windows Update Servers being down. Also, the windows update troubleshooter can't do anything about it as well. It all seems very ominous....I'm bracing for outcome of all this!

I think it's already begun. The last couple days I've been unable to receive updates and the error message I get is linked to the Windows Update Servers being down. Also, the windows update troubleshooter can't do anything about it as well. It all seems very ominous....I'm bracing for outcome of all this!

Must say I am whistling and very happy this way ;)

All systems are go and the WhOoSh Way is the working way :D
Please dont contact me on this just extremely pleased .

Back
Top Bottom