Windows 7 Windows Updates from Microsoft

Hi!
Microsoft now releases ISO-9660 DVD5 image files that contain all the security updates that are released on the Windows Update website. The ISO image files are released at the same time that security updates are released on the Windows Update website.

Hi!
Microsoft now releases ISO-9660 DVD5 image files that contain all the security updates that are released on the Windows Update website. The ISO image files are released at the same time that security updates are released on the Windows Update website.
So I don't have to go back and download each month?
I am restoring a computer that was last updated on June of 2015

Hi I understand what you're trying to do. You want to get all the MS up dates at one time. I have never tried what your asking, but from reading the link you provided, it seems it's a monthly thing. I'm also not sure it's for a casual user. I'm thinking it's for corporate users.
Maybe other members will comment latter!;)

Hi I understand what you're trying to do. You want to get all the MS up dates at one time. I have never tried what your asking, but from reading the link you provided, it seems it's a monthly thing. I'm also not sure it's for a casual user. I'm thinking it's for corporate users.
Maybe other members will comment latter!;)
Thanks for the response. My problem is windows Updates seems to have quit working even after doing the wus troubleshooting and various other things I have Googled. Ex. Registry changes and turning off and restarting services. Seems like Microsoft is making it difficult to update Windows 7 because they want you to go to Windows 10.

Hi! I was going to ask about wus. I have heard that it has become a very long process to down load MS up dates after restoring W7.
I have read where it can take a very long time (hours), and yes I also think that it has some thing to do with the W10 up grade. I would suggest leaving them run all night if you have that option. Sorry you are having problems. Have you ran a sfc /scannow to see if you have any integrity violations. These can some times cause up dates not to work.
That's the best I can do. Maybe others will have more suggestions latter!
I'm sure you have already been here!
Fix Microsoft Windows Update Issues

Yes, I have tried what you have mentioned. WUS is Windows Updates Service. I work for a school district and I have hundreds of computers to update and re-image. This battle with updates is extremely frustrating.

Hi I understand! The ISO might be a good deal for you then. It's worth a try. Are you up grading to W10?
Sounds like your up grading to W7! I would guess you're up grading from XP. There are a ton of up dates to down load and I really don't have any good advice. I'm wondering if you contacted MS, if they might have a solution for the up dates sense this is school related.

The computers already have windows 7 but they get imaged every summer. This summer looks like a real challenge. The ISO links are monthly updates so I would have to make ISO's for every month since last May. And then select which updates apply. I need to find a better way.

Back