Windows Vista Windows vista installation freeze

gm1980

Hi guys
I am having problems during installation of windows vista ultimate on a new desktop that i set uyp on my own (Q6600 quad core, 2GB kingston 667MHZ ram, Gainward 8600gt 512mb Samsung 160GB S-ATA HDD). The installation freezes during the final step (I do not remeber exactly the step) after copying the files. I have tried bios update of the motherboard (ECS NF650SLiT-A) but the same problem. I have installed the same vista on an NX7010 labtop and the worked just fine). Can anyone help me with that?

Does it actually 'freeze' or does just seem to be taking a long time?

No it freezes
I tried several times and i left it for many hours to see if it goes any further but it staiyed freezed

Does it always freeze at the same part of the install?

Although Vista supports quad core, I wonder if this could be something related.

Hi guys
I am having problems during installation of windows vista ultimate on a new desktop that i set uyp on my own (Q6600 quad core, 2GB kingston 667MHZ ram, Gainward 8600gt 512mb Samsung 160GB S-ATA HDD). The installation freezes during the final step (I do not remeber exactly the step) after copying the files. I have tried bios update of the motherboard (ECS NF650SLiT-A) but the same problem. I have installed the same vista on an NX7010 labtop and the worked just fine). Can anyone help me with that?

I see that you've used the Report feature several times to get moderators to answer your question. This feature is designed to report posts that violate the rules, not to get someone to answer you right away.

But in regards to your problem: Have you tried going into the BIOS itself to disable the quad core functionality? I know you can do this on some dual core motherboards. You should also disable any devices (USB or otherwise) that could cause a conflict through the bios or physically. Maybe even disable your soundcard, etc.

I've had this happen before and it was incompatible hardware. Specifically, it was a cheap $6 USB PCI slot addon card. Once removed, it finished the install with ease.

Back