Windows 7 Windows won't start and system repair failed...

blackzr

Hi yesterday i had light out and my computer was off. I did the system repair with windows restore and I could start the windows again.

Today I was using my computer just normally until there was a light out and my computer was off. When I turned my computer back on the windows error occured and recommanded to start system repair...

I did the system repair with windows restore among it again and it failed... I tried many times but no good, it won't start the windows.

I tried booting with Windows 7 install CD to install again... but well I inserted my CD and my computer doesn't seems to regonize the cd and "ignored" it.

Any solutions please? Also I really don't want to do anything that will erase my files.
Thanks.

Hi yesterday i had light out and my computer was off. I did the system repair with windows restore and I could start the windows again.

Today I was using my computer just normally until there was a light out and my computer was off. When I turned my computer back on the windows error occured and recommanded to start system repair...

I did the system repair with windows restore among it again and it failed... I tried many times but no good, it won't start the windows.

I tried booting with Windows 7 install CD to install again... but well I inserted my CD and my computer doesn't seems to regonize the cd and "ignored" it.

Any solutions please? Also I really don't want to do anything that will erase my files.
Thanks.

Some possibilities:

a) Your Install Disk is a DVD, not a CD. Are you inserting it in a CD Drive? If so it won't read it.
b) Your BIOS has to be set properly to boot first to your DVD Drive in order for the Install Disk to be recognized at boot.
c) Unless you mean there was a power failure by "light out" your computer is probably going to sleep. Windows 7 has problems on occasion in waking back up from sleep. You will need to change your power settings so that it won't go to sleep on you if you want to avoid this problem.
d) If you can (after the above suggestions) boot to your Install Disk, select System Repair and let it fix your HD where you can boot normally. You may have to go through two repair cycles to get it working.

I solved the problem... it seems that the recent Windows upgrade was the problem. I used system restore and restored before the Windows Upgrade and I could start the windows.

Up to now, I didn't got any problems... but I might be later.

Back