Windows 7 Windows XP installed twice on same harddrive

ravendark

Hi all,

I just subscribed to this forum hoping i ca get some help. I would like to install windows 7 on my desktop. It is currently running windows XP. I'm not sure what i did but i wound up installing Windows XP "twice" on the C drive. I booted up windows 7 and installed it sucessfully but the windows XP is still on the drive.

Please some assist me in deleting just the Windows XP.

Thanks in advance

ravendark.

It always helps us if we can see a snipping tool picture of your Disk Management window. Makes it easier to see where everything is located.

If you installed Windows 7 last, you should be using that boot system. Reformatting the Windows XP partition you do not want should get rid of that install and removing the boot entry in msconfig.exe will allow showing only one XP entry.

But not knowing exactly where the boot files are located, makes it hard to recommend what process would work best.

Ok. I'll use the snipping tool to show you the disk management to get what will work best. Thank you and stay tuned. Also, when i turn my computer on i can see the Windows 7 copy and the Windows XP copy to choose from. that's how i know it's still there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom