Windows7Forum Looks Weird on Chrome

Captain Jack

Fantastic Member
Hello,

The forums looks a little weird on Chrome 6.04 Canary Build.

Issue 1.JPG

Issue 2.JPG

I believe you can make out from the screenshot !

What is your screen resolution? Obviously Chrome 6 is still in beta? This will be something that needs to be planned ahead for. Are you sure its not screen res.? I am left to wonder how many more sites will get messed up if they don't fix this in Chrome? The site should display fine on every major browser. When the webserver broadcasts to the client, it gives the exact type of document to the web browser. In our case it is XHTML 1.0 Transitional. The site doesn't really break these conventions very badly, so this is surprising. On this version of the website, all of our styles are being displayed using fluid width (percentages) and not fixed width. This allows for the screen to be scalable to many different types of screen resolutions. If the Chrome that is in testing can't properly handle fluid-wdith websites, this could have something to do with this, but I need to gather more information.

Yes Chrome is still in Beta. So i assume that might be the reason. Well the resolution might be the reason. I work i used this in VMware on XP machine. 1024*768 was my resolution it's 15" monitor (Work monitor can't ask more.. lol) Firefox, IE and Opera it good it get that Taskbar to move and it won't look that weird. Chrome another disadvantage i noticed is BB Codes are not working fine. It just get the plain text format. I'm not good in HTML so no idea. I'll try to run few test I'll report if i found some improvement.

Thanks for the replay,
Captain

Edit: I just Tested on Firefox, Visitor's message box and visitors message are they fixed and rest scalable ?

Screen1.png

1280*1024 and it's not maximized as you can see. Because when it's maximized it scales correctly since it have enough room. 17" monitor at home.

Last edited:
At 1024x768 everything scales except the front page in Firefox. This could use work, but I think Chrome 6 is bugged.

Just my two cents:

I'm using the latest developer build of Chrome (which is most likely only a few strings off the Canary builds)
Everything's normal here.

1366*768, Chrome 6.0.472.0

I just fixed the width problem on the homepage for people at 1024x*, but I can't promise the site will render right for people at 800x! It should still be usable for people, though.

Back