Windows 7 Wired Internet Not Working Startup [Video Included]

minneola24

When I start my computer (this has been happening for a month or so) it doesn't work, I have to disable then trouble shoot to get it to work.

Here is a youtube video I recorded

thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
people here are generally VERY willing to help they just like you to do a few things such as fillout your system specs in the user control panel from your video which is somewhat helpful but sort of overkill all that is visible is that your computer is seeing or expecting to see two wired internet connections the reasons for that could be endless everyone here would need your system specs and especially a complete list of network adapters. Other than that all i can suggest is to attempt to identify the correct connection and delete the incorrect one.

Hi

This appears to be exactly the same problem I had.
In my case the cause was an application called "Bonjour Services" which is installed by iTunes and some Adobe products.
In my case both. This was the cause of the connection problem for many people a couple of months ago.

Check and see if you have this installed.
If you do uninstall it. It is't a required service.

Since I did that I haven't had one problem connecting since June 1.

If you don't have it installed I don't know, a lot of people were having this when RC first became available but it seems that most people have gotten it sorted out.

MIke

It said your Local Area Network Adapter is disabled. Have you tried to get an updated driver for it?

Try Clicking the first option "Set up a new...." and then select the first or second option on the new page. It seems that you have not fully established a proper connection to the router or access point. Work through the procedure from the second page.

When I start my computer (this has been happening for a month or so) it doesn't work, I have to disable then trouble shoot to get it to work.

Here is a youtube video I recorded

YouTube - Windows 7 Issue

thanks.

I had exactly the same problem - solution below

Bonjour Service (Apple Program) messing with Windows.

Uninstall Bonjour Service from your program files, although I couldn't see an uninstall so I just temporarily moved it to my Desktop, restated my machine, low and behold connection to the internet and email.

I've since deleted Bonjour Service (which was only two files) and everything is fine.

Found the solution here: http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/34717-no-internet-access-bonjour-service.html

Please spread the work re Bonjour Services - apparently it also messes with Vista.

I'm Back!

That's right I got a new computer with Windows 7 64 Bit and it worked great.
Then I started installing my software and sure enough my internet connection quit working.

Looked to see if Bonjour services was installed but it didn't show on the list.
I ran a search and found a folder named "Bonjour" that was probably installed by one of my Adobe applications.

I moved it to the Temp folder, then used CCleaner to remove the registry entries and my internet connection was back.
It seems like this should have been resolved by now!

Mike

I googled Bonjour Services. Among other entries I found this.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

It looks like anyone using iTunes or some Adobe programs might have it on their computer. If you have any of these programs it might be a good idea to do some research and possibly get rid of Bonjour.

As far as this being resolved goes M$ isn't the culprit here. It looks like it's coming from Adobe. People with this problem need to go after them.

Last edited:
Back