Windows Vista Wireless connectino problems with vista; please help ! =(

Z

Zombeana

Ok, so since getting Vista I've had nothing but problems with connecting my desktop to the internet.
I had the problem at my home where it will connect but just drop out at random times when it felt like it, sometimes reconnecting immediately sometimes not for hours. Very frustrating but I tried everything and couldn't fix it so I just got on with it.
But now I have moved and need to set my PC up to my new flats network which was set up by my flatmate who is an IT technician. He spent 2 hours trying to connect my PC and he can't even do it. The message is constantly 'Wireless connection association failed due to an unknown reason.' It doesn't connect atall. It connected once for around 45 seconds and failed and haven't been able to connect it since.

I've seen this problem with solution:
Windows Vista cannot obtain an IP address from certain routers or from certain non-Microsoft DHCP servers
Well, what I hope is the solution. SO, I want to try this out but.. being absolutely clueless about computers I have no idea what the hell this means.
Particularly this:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{GUID}
In this registry path, click the (GUID) subkey that corresponds to the network adapter that is connected to the network.

So, my question; what the hell is the GUID subkey and how do I find out which whatever this is is the correct one for my network adapter? I've googled it and not found anything that really explains what that is and how I get it? I don't want to try this before I know 100% what I am doing.

hope someone can help me please !

:) Hi!!! There is some talk about wireless card problems, if this concerns you, it is listed on the Internet as "Wireless Card Problems- Tech Support Guy Forums"... Sincerely, Celestra

Ok, so since getting Vista I've had nothing but problems with connecting my desktop to the internet.
I had the problem at my home where it will connect but just drop out at random times when it felt like it, sometimes reconnecting immediately sometimes not for hours. Very frustrating but I tried everything and couldn't fix it so I just got on with it.
But now I have moved and need to set my PC up to my new flats network which was set up by my flatmate who is an IT technician. He spent 2 hours trying to connect my PC and he can't even do it. The message is constantly 'Wireless connection association failed due to an unknown reason.' It doesn't connect atall. It connected once for around 45 seconds and failed and haven't been able to connect it since.

I've seen this problem with solution:
Windows Vista cannot obtain an IP address from certain routers or from certain non-Microsoft DHCP servers
Well, what I hope is the solution. SO, I want to try this out but.. being absolutely clueless about computers I have no idea what the hell this means.
Particularly this:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServic esTcpipParametersInterfaces{GUID}
In this registry path, click the (GUID) subkey that corresponds to the network adapter that is connected to the network.

So, my question; what the hell is the GUID subkey and how do I find out which whatever this is is the correct one for my network adapter? I've googled it and not found anything that really explains what that is and how I get it? I don't want to try this before I know 100% what I am doing.

hope someone can help me please !

I am exactley the same! I want to kill VISTA x(
please help with {GUID} by sending email to [email protected]

Back
Top Bottom