Windows 7 Wireless connection stopped working on Win 7 - 64bit

mjoshi

Here is my situation, I've 3 laptops and 3 desktop on my network. I've 2 machines with Windows 7. One of my laptop (Sony Vaio FW390 CTO) has Win 7 RC1 - 64 bit. It was working perfectly fine with Internet connectivity. Yesterday afternoon I started my machine and it wont connect to my wireless router any more. I tested from other laptops to make sure there is no issue with wireless network and all machines works fine with interenet connection (wired as well as wireless). I restarted my Verizon FiOS router couple of times but to no use. All other machines (incling Mac mini) can connect to my wireless network but this laptop wont connect. It connects fine using ethernet cable but wont connect using Wireless connection. I checked device manager and there is no issue with network adapter. I tried to check for any hardware changes as well as tried to troubleshoot using Windows 7 troubleshooter but it could not find anything wrong. I've restarted machine couple of times.
When I connect using wired connection and try to go and use windows update it wont allow me to check for updates although going on internet works perfectly fine in wired manner. Any idea what is going on here before I reinstall my machine ?

Thanks in advance.

Back