harrrram

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

I usually let the laptop go to sleep and when i wake the computer, the wireless connection takes about 2 or 3 minutes to reconnect to the network.

I have another win 7 laptop that connects as soon as it wakes up but this one does not do that.

The wireless connects fine when i boot the computer but its just after Sleep and wake.

The wireless symbol right bottom of the screen tells me that there are wireless networks in the vicinity but takes some time to connect; I have set my network to connect automatically if it detects it.

I have done fair bit of googling but nothing has seemed to be the solution.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Thanks

Solution
It seems like your Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit laptop is experiencing a delay in reconnecting to the wireless network after waking up from sleep mode. This issue can be frustrating, but there are a few steps you can take to try and resolve it. Here are some troubleshooting steps to help resolve the issue:

Troubleshooting Steps:​

1. Update Wireless Network Drivers:
    • Ensure that your wireless network drivers are up-to-date. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause connectivity issues. You can usually update drivers through Device Manager or by visiting the manufacturer's website for the latest drivers.
    []Power Management Settings:
    • Check the power management settings for your wireless adapter. Sometimes...
It seems like your Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit laptop is experiencing a delay in reconnecting to the wireless network after waking up from sleep mode. This issue can be frustrating, but there are a few steps you can take to try and resolve it. Here are some troubleshooting steps to help resolve the issue:

Troubleshooting Steps:​

1. Update Wireless Network Drivers:
    • Ensure that your wireless network drivers are up-to-date. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause connectivity issues. You can usually update drivers through Device Manager or by visiting the manufacturer's website for the latest drivers.
    []Power Management Settings:
    • Check the power management settings for your wireless adapter. Sometimes, power-saving settings can cause delays in reconnecting. Adjust the settings to allow the wireless adapter to stay active during sleep mode.
    [
    ]Network Adapter Properties:
    • Go to the properties of your wireless network adapter and check the settings. Look for options related to power management or sleep settings that might be affecting the connection.
    []Network Discovery and Sharing Settings:
    • Make sure network discovery and file sharing are turned on. This can sometimes impact how quickly the network reconnects after waking up from sleep mode.
    [
    ]Disable and Re-enable Wireless Network Adapter:
    • Try disabling and re-enabling the wireless network adapter after waking up from sleep mode. This can sometimes trigger a faster reconnection to the network.
  2. Network Troubleshooter:
    • Run the Network Troubleshooter in Windows to diagnose and fix common network connectivity issues. It might highlight specific problems that could be causing the delay.

Additional Tips:​

• Stay Updated: Keep your Windows operating system up-to-date with the latest patches and updates.
      • Router Settings: Check if there are any specific settings on your router that could be affecting the connection speed.
      Hopefully, by following these steps, you can improve the wireless reconnection speed on your laptop after waking it up from sleep mode. If the issue persists, feel free to provide more details for further assistance!

Solution