Windows 7 Wireless - Limited or No Connectivity.

mephitic

I just upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7 Ultimate (Clean install) and have started having a problem with Wireless.Currently my router is a Belkin F5D8236-4 N Wireless N Router 802.11N - using WPA2-PSKThen my PC has a Belkin F5D8053 Wireless N USB Adapter plugged in.The issue is the wireless will connect fine, connects automatically once the computer is booted up. And remains connected until I start browsing the web or transferring files over my LAN.currently im trying to move a few GB of media from another computer on my LAN over to the windows 7 PC. It will start transferring at about 2MB/sec seemingly ripping along fine until it gets a few 100MB into the transfer. The light on my belkin USB adapter will go solid blue, the transfer will stop, and the wireless icon in Windows 7 will indicate Limited or no connectivity. Ive tried when this happens unplugging the usb adapter and replugging it in 15 seconds later, the blue light remains solid and still has no wireless connectivity. Ive also tried letting Windows 7 troubleshoot the connection where it will disable the adapter, and then hang trying to enable it again.When I try this manually as well it will let me disable the adapter but not re enable it. And when I try to shutdown windows 7 at this point it will just hang at "Shutting down.." and I have to force it to reboot.Rebooting is the only temp fix ive found so far as it will work fine for a bit once its back up, but again after transferring a bit of data or browsing the web for a bit it will then go back to the limited or no connectivity.Does anyone have any ideas of what this could be? I thought it may be some interference with the wireless connection and ive tried changing to all the different wireless channels available and the same problem keeps popping up.

Back