Windows Vista Writing Data To DVD+RW

Fred44

MY Slimline desktop features a double-layer DVD±RW/CD-RW drive. The PC has Cyberlink DVD Suite Deluxe installed. I'm planning on using DVD+RW to back up my music, photos and documents. As I understand it there is no need to format this type of disc, just uncheck the "Close" box and I can keep writing and deleting data to disc until I choose to close it. Am I correct? The help files and manual are a little confusing, but I believe I have this right...just wanted some confirmation, perhaps from someone who uses the same type of drive, software, etc. Thanks.

Fred

Hi Fred,

your correct in your observation about using cyberlink and it making life easier when your adding to written CD/DVD's.

You can do it with vista but I've found it's a smoother operation if you use third party software.

Personally I use Ashampoo Disk burner which is totally free and excellent at what it does, so if you ever need to change, try this one..

Hi kemical,

So I can write to DVD+RW in the way that I described? (without formatting)? I'll also check out the software you suggested. Thanks.

Fred

I think so, usually vista asks you to format the disk but as your using something else then maybe not. Anyhow the utility will tell you what it needs so you will be ok..

Back
Top Bottom